House Inspection to Protect Your Investment in Oakland County
Many people in Oakland County think that the only time a house inspection is useful is at the time of sale. This is not the case. A quality house inspection can point out many potential maintenance and safety issues in your current home. A certified house inspection can be a great way to protect the substantial investment that you have made by purchasing a house and can save you money and prevent unexpected headaches.
House Inspection Frequency
This is a good question. How often should you have a house inspection? For many people, the only time that they ever hire a home inspection company like Michigan Quality Inspection Services is when they buy their home. However, we recommend that homeowners in Oakland County consider having a complete house inspection once every couple of years. A complete house inspection will be able to help you plan for repairs and catch potential problems with critical systems in your home. No matter how well you care for your home, things break and systems fail, so a complete house inspection is a great way to be prepared, and not be caught off guard when something breaks or fails.
What is Covered in a Complete House Inspection?
When your home inspector from Michigan Quality Inspection Services arrives for your house inspection, he is prepared to examine your home from top to bottom. Your complete house inspection will cover all major systems in your home and the critical exterior features as well. Your complete house inspection will include the following:
- Plumbing Inspection – We check your water supply, drain lines and ensure that your home is free of cross-connections.
- Electrical Inspection – Your house inspection will include a check of your electrical service and grounding equipment as well as testing the voltage rating.
- Basement and Crawlspace Inspection – A quality house inspection should always include the basement and crawlspace. These areas of your home house critical system feature, so a close look at this area ensures that the basics of your home are in good condition.
- Attic and Roof Inspection – Most homeowners don’t have the skills nor want to be on their roof or in their attic. That’s why a house inspection from Michigan Quality Inspection Services includes a close look at the top of your home. Our roof and attic inspection examines your roof coverings, chimney, and gutters for leaks and damage.
- Wall Inspection – This includes a complete inspection of the interior and exterior wall surfaces. Your house inspection should also include a close look at doors, windows, ceilings and stair railings.
- HVAC Systems – This is one of the most important systems in your home, so it’s an essential part of a complete house inspection. We’ll look at all components of your home’s heating and cooling systems to verify proper function.
- Insulation and Ventilation – Last but not least, we will confirm that your home is well insulated and that it has properly functioning ventilation systems. These are important health and safety features and should always be included in a complete house inspection.
Save Money – and Time
Yes, a complete house inspection, once every couple of years will take a bit of your time, and comes at a minimal cost. However, the benefit you receive as an Oakland County homeowner could be priceless. Your certified house inspection comes complete with a detailed report of any potential problems and systems that could use attention. This allows you to catch problems when they are small and make minor repairs, instead of making major repairs in an emergency. This saves you money and time in the long run and is a great way to protect your investment.
I Need a Local Home Inspection Company for my House in Oakland County!
A quality, complete house inspection from Michigan Quality Inspection Services is a great way to stay on top of home repairs. To schedule a home inspection in Oakland County with one of our certified Oakland County home inspectors, call us today at (248) 219-0990.
For more information on our Home Inspection Services in Metro Detroit: